Who we are
OMF Literature is a major publisher/distributor of Christian books in the Philippines, specializing in books of inspiration, biblical instruction, and practical living.
OMF Publishers was incorporated as OMF Literature Inc. in the 1980s, becoming a fully Filipino- run company, and able in 1986 to buy its own building with book display area at 776 Boni Avenue, Mandaluyong City.
With a growing list of Christian titles, OMF Literature set in motion its children’s books imprint, Hiyas, in 1993. Hiyas, which is the Filipino word for precious gems, is home to best-selling and award-winning children’s titles.
To reach more communities with Christian books, OMF Literature launched OMF LIT branch bookshops in key cities in the Philippines in 2009. The OMF LIT Bookshop chain now comprises 10 branches nationwide, including 3 stores named Passages, in selected malls. We also operate an online store through Passagesbooks.com.
To publish, import, and market books, other literary materials and related merchandise that are Christ-centered, biblically sound and culturally relevant in proclaiming the Gospel, making disciples, equipping Church leaders and drawing all, particularly the youth, to the Lord.
Statement of Faith
1. We believe in God, eternally existing in three Persons — Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
2. We believe the Bible to be fully and uniquely inspired by the Holy Spirit and that it is the only authoritative and infallible Word of God.
3. We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, sinless life, miracles, inerrant teaching, substitutionary death and atonement, bodily resurrection and ascension to the right hand of the Father.
4. We believe that man, created in the image of God, was tempted by Satan and fell, and because of His consequent depraved state, requires regeneration by the Holy Spirit of salvation.
5. We believe that salvation consists in the forgiveness of sins, the imputation of Christ’s righteousness, and the gift of eternal life received by faith alone, apart from works.
6. We believe in the ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is sanctified and empowered to live a godly life.
7. We believe that the true Church, the Body of Christ, is composed of all those who have been regenerated and affirm that the Church is the appointed instrument for the fulfillment of Christ’s Great Commission.
8. We believe in the imminent, visible, personal return of Jesus Christ in power and glory.
9. We believe in the resurrection of the body, the eternal life of the saved, and the eternal punishment of the lost.