5 reasons why you need to read BOBOto Ba Ako? for this coming elections
Election time is coming and the nation’s future is on the line. Now, more than ever, we need to think smart and vote right. In BOBOto Ba Ako? How to think smart and vote right, Rei Lemuel Crizaldo and other writers give you all you need to know about voting in the Philippines and more. Here are five reasons why you need to read BOBOto Ba Ako? before you start making a list of your choices:
1. An overview of Philippine politics. Learn the history of voting in the Philippines, from the controversial Tejeros Convention in 1897, the first nationwide elections in 1907, the declaration of Martial Law in 1972, to the return of democracy in 1986. Learn also how politicians play the short and long game in grabbing and keeping power, and how you can help change that.
2. Who’s in charge and what’s the value of a vote. Go against the cynicism of those who say that “your vote doesn’t matter among so many votes.” Learn the price people paid to let you vote. Know how voting means you are part of the “sovereign Filipino people” who have the right to choose who will serve us in government, as well as how your vote can make or break our nation.
3. The Bible’s advice to voters. The Word of God guides us in all of life, including our political life. Learn what it says about our role in our society and the nation.
4. Guide on how to choose the right candidate. Learn the qualities to look for in a candidate you will vote for, to have the government you want to have.
5. Encouragement to engage. Learn the reasons to go out and vote even though our system is flawed and our fellow voters are despairing. Understand that voting is not just your right, but also your sacred duty as a citizen.
BOBOto Ba Ako? How to think smart and vote right is available at National Book Store, OMF Lit Bookshop, Passages, and other leading bookstores nationwide for P75.00. The book can also be ordered online through passagesbooks.com.